Picture Yourself in a Clean Energy Career
Benjamin Franklin Cummings Institute of Technology (BFCIT) has programs to prepare you for a career in some of the fastest-growing sectors of this new economy, including solar energy technology, offshore wind turbine technology, heat pump technology, green building practices, and electrical power systems.
A clean energy career is an occupation that involves conserving energy, developing alternative energy, or reducing pollution.
Why enroll in a Clean Energy Technology program at BFCIT?
- Industry-informed Curricula: We work with industry partners to ensure our programs teach the skills you need to get hired and succeed. Our programs lead to clean energy careers offering interesting work, high salaries, and hiring demand that far outstrips supply. The number of jobs in the solar and wind energy sector alone is expected to double by 2026.
- Scholarships: BFCIT is currently offering scholarships of up to $6,000 to qualified students who enroll in one of our clean energy majors, thanks to a grant from the US Economic Development Administration (EDA).
- Job Placement: Our Career Services office has a network of employer partners committed to connecting our graduates with good-paying clean energy jobs. These partners include top firms like Cummings Properties, RISE Engineering, Eversource, NECEC, and more.
- Your Time Is Now: There are currently an estimated 4.5 million clean energy jobs in the US, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Secure your spot—submit your BFCIT application today by choosing one of the programs below!
Start your 60 second application now
5 reasons to fill out a 60 second application:
- We only offer degree programs that lead to high demand career opportunities.
- 83% job placement rate for our grads, made possible by industry partnerships and a top-notch Career Services staff.
- We offer trade and technical programs at about half the tuition cost of other private schools, as well as flexible financial aid.
- Our labs in Boston are easy to get to and provide real experiential learning for our students.
- Flexible scheduling – from night classes to online curriculum – make our programs perfect for those just entering the workforce or those who are looking to change careers.
Choose the Clean Energy program that fits your goals and interests:
Program length: 9 months
Special Focus: Heat Pump Technology
Sample Job Title: HVAC&R Technician
Potential Salary: $60,000/yr (HVAC&R Installer)
Bonus Fact: Program includes 10-hour OSHA Safety Certification
Program Length: 12 months
Special focus: Electric Machines
Sample Job Title: Apprentice Electrician
Potential Salary: $58,000/yr (Electrician)
Bonus Fact: Program meets the state education requirement to be eligible to sit for Journeyman Electricians Licensing Exam
Engineering Technology with concentration in Renewable Energy Technology
Program length: 2 years
Special focus: Offshore Wind Energy
Sample Job Title: Solar Photovoltaic Installer, Wind Turbine Energy System Technician
Potential Salary: $52,900/yr (Wind Turbine Technician)
Bonus Fact: Credits from this program can be transferred into UMass-Lowell’s Bachelor of Science degree program in Environmental Engineering
Engineering Technology with concentration in Building Automation Systems
Program Length: 2 years
Special focus: Energy Efficiency
Sample Job Title: Building Automation Technician, Building Controls Technician
Potential Salary: $52,400/yr (Building Automation Technician)
Bonus Fact: Smart building technology is an integral part of modern residential and commercial construction
Program Length: 4 years
Special focus: Electric Power
Sample Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Potential Salary: $67,800 (Electrical Engineer)
Bonus Fact: Program holds prestigious ABET Accreditation
See what program works best for you.
We work closely with industry partners to ensure our programs are designed to prepare you for a high-demand career. Click on the career you’re interested in to meet your path to job success.
We’re in your neighborhood.
41 Berkeley St, Boston, MA 02116
Serving the Boston community for over 100 years
#BFIT for the Career You Want
Ready to take the next step?
Fill out our 60 second application and start your future now.